In the Anishinaabe culture we have a special place in our hearts and communities for blueberries. In this story Bizhiw (lynx) does too! Enjoy the story of Bizhiw as she moves through the forest, encounters Anishinaabe visitors and learns to share her love for blueberries with people.
You can listen to the full story using the links below and to support more publications like this one, you can purchase a copy of the book from Waub Ajijaak Press >>.
Note that the audio links below are created to match each set of pages in the book so you can listen more than once, take time to repeat the phrases after hearing them, or just have time to turn the page.
- Page 1: Bizhiw Sleeping BZ 1 Bizhiw Sleeping
- Page 2-3: Moccasins BZ 2 Moccasins
- Page 4-5: Grandmothers BZ 3 Grandmothers
- Page 6-7: Birch BZ 4 Birch
- Page 8-9: Bizhiw Stretching BZ 5 Bizhiw Stretching
- Page 10-11: Little Footsteps BZ 6 Little Footsteps
- Page 12-13: Bizhiw Jumps BZ 7 Bizhiw Jumps
- Page 14-15: Blueberry Jam BZ 8 Blueberry Jam
- Page 16-17: Blueberries Everywhere BZ 9 Blueberries Everywhere
- Page 18-19: Bizhiw Retraces Her Path BZ 10 Bizhiw Retraces Her Path
- Page 20: Under the Stars BZ 11 Under the Stars